10 steps to a delicious cup of coffee
- Select your beans carefully. We suggest high-altitude grown, small-batch roasted Arabican coffee.
- Grind beans to the consistency that is appropriate for your brewing method.
- Always use clean equipment and a fresh filter for each brew.
- Use cool, fresh water. It is best to remove any foreign odors or sediment from the water.
- Ideal temperature range for brewing is between 195–205 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a sufficient amount of coffee;
2 Tbs coffee or 1.5 in. bed depth of grounds per 6 ounces of water.
- Select the appropriate batch size for the most enjoyment and least amount of waste.
- Do not keep coffee over direct heat for more than 20 minutes.
- Stir coffee when using a steeping method.
- Temper brewing vessels and cups with dry heat or hot water before serving.